Missionaries: Annie Carbonaro (Ukraine)
What I Do:
I have the privilege of working with an amazing team of Americans and Ukrainians to reach the forgotten orphans of Ukraine with God’s love. Our program begins at government-run orphanages and follows the children as they graduate from the 9th grade when they are forced to transition into life on their own. At each stage we work to reach them through physical, emotional and spiritual support, and encouragement. Our ministry, Open Arms, puts an emphasis on forming relationships, which allows a safe haven for broken children and a place to belong, which can enable them to deal with the pains of the past, the trials of the present and their fears of the future.
We are working through Shepherd's Staff in our efforts alongside the local church to accomplish our ministry goals with over 200 children from the Pravda orphanage. We do this through mentorships, summer camps, outreach programs and weekly meetings.
How You Can Help:
Pray that these children will open their hearts to the love of their heavenly Father. With that, I hope that they will not only accept Him in their lives, but will find healing, purpose, self-worth, and the ability to beat the statistics that work against them.
Checks may be sent to Neighborhood Church, 20600 John Drive, Castro Valley, CA 94546. Write "Annie Carbonaro" on the memo line.
Contact Annie at AnnieCarb@comcast.net.
and partnered with Shepherd's Staff, Eastern European Outreach
More from Missions
- 2011 Annual Project Partners
- 2012 Annual Project Partners
- 2012 Short-Term Missions Trips
- 2013 Short Term Missions Opportunities
- 2014 Short Term Missions Opportunities
- Approved Missions Agencies
- Career Missions Application
- Mike Squires (Ghana)
- Missionaries: Alan & Katie Masters (Middle East)
- Missionaries: Annie Carbonaro (Ukraine)
- Missionaries: Brad & Alisha Crawford (Colchester, UK)
- Missionaries: Dave & Becki Thompson (Egypt)
- Missionaries: Gayle Gutierrez (Japan)
- Missionaries: Randy & Krystal Odom (Cambodia)
- Missionaries: Rick & Carrie Maples (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Neighborhood Church Career Missionaries
- Neighborhood Church Missions
- Short Term Missions Archive
- Short Term Missions Program